Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flatforms: the new shoe



(Cacharel)


(Prada)


(TENOVERSIX)


(Derek Lam)


(Fendi)

(Lanvin)

Now that you all know how I believe shoes are the best invention of mankind, it shouldn't come to a surprise that I take them very seriously.  And I know what I like: 4"+ heel pumps or ballerina flats, over-the-knee flat boots or wedge ankle boots, colourful strappy sandals or converse runners.  The kitten heels or in between styles are not really my thing. 

With the new trend of "Flatform" (flat-platform), I'm really on the fence...can they actually be flattering?  They really remind me of the platforms worn by the Spice Girls circa 1999.  Maybe the Prada brogues could make themselves to my closet with open arms, but I wouldn't feel the urge to buy more even on sale.  What about you?  Are you in love with the new flatforms?

3 comments:

  1. These are so ugly and this style is not comfortable. I agree that they look like shoes from late 90s/early 2000s. Very unflattering and "man-repelling"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!! LCanemore, you're so right about this one!!! They are sure man-repelling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost twisted my ankle in my Celine clogs (height similar to the Fendi ones you posted) from last year. Comfy but dangerous.
    I also tried on the Prada ones, but decided I probably won't love them after the season was over. I'll mostly be sitting out on this trend I guess.

    ReplyDelete