Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shopping in Shanghai (part 2)


(Eyes & Lip t-shirt)


(Stripped tie t-shirt)


(Bat wings t-shirt)


(Wht racer tank)


(Batwin t-shirt dress)


(Blk denim sneaker boots)


(Blk chain crossbody pouch)


(expresso cups w/ chinese zodiac sign)


(hand crafted tribal necklaces)


(modelling one of the necklaces)

Last week's shopping can be described in one word: bargain. We started off with a local friend taking us to a sample warehouse sale.  The selection was limited and mostly past season pieces, but that's the same with any sale right?  Since I had Ayden with me, I was limited to buying t-shirts where I can just pick up a few without trying.  Some Alexander Wang, Sonia Rykiel and E.vil with Hong Kong Harvey Nichols tags still attached at $ 1250 HK (a little less than $200 US)!!!  Obviously, we paid no more than 80% off!

I also picked up a pair of black denim runner boots and a black chain crossbody pouch from I.T. on sale. The selection of high end designer and bridge designer at Shanghai Xintiandi I.T. is well edited.  The most sought after pieces and nothing more.  I so wanted to grab the whole rack of Givenchy...

Lastly, I always pick up a few pieces of jewelry from street vendors when I travel.  This time, I got 3 really cool and unique tribal necklaces for about $30 US!!!  Obviously, I bargained it down from originally $80!!  oh...and I couldn't resist the expresso cups with chinese zodiac sign; one for me, one for hubby and one for Ayden (the cup will most likely be broken by the time Ayden will enjoy his first expresso but oh well!).

1 comment: