Monday, August 12, 2013

Detox your life



One of my girlfriend just turned 40 yesterday and we threw her a surprise birthday party.  You all know what they say: "Forty and Fabulous!"  Well, fabulous only is you lead a well balance body/mind lifestyle.  This girlfriend is incredible...marathons, cycling around Taiwan, the Amazing Race China (I'm not kidding), all charity/volunteer work you can think of on top of raising two adorable kids!

I, on the other hand, am not nearly frothy yet already feel like far from being fabulous!  Since I got back in SH, I haven't really started hitting the gym nor my yoga centre.  I'm often eating whatever is the most convenient (which is usually first thing I see in the fridge...and it's not an apple).  So I decided, after much hesitation, that I need a detox.  Detox my body to get my fabulous self back and detox my life to have a clear vision of where I'm heading.  No drastic measures but a healthier lifestyle!

Here's my plan:


1Every morning, drink a cup of hot water with juice of ½ a lemon. This helps to stimulate the liver. Then, load myself up on water throughout the day! This helps to flush the kidneys.
2Decrease the amount of caffeine (preferably to none). 
3. Supplements: start taking fish oil again.
4Engage in some light exercise, such as walking or yoga, everyday. No exception.
5Get to bed earlier than usual and aim for at least 8 hours. This is the hardest on my list but I think it's achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment